UHS Character Building Society
The Character Building Society was formed by National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in various Universities. The club provides interactive sessions with well-known speakers at the campus. It also focuses on activity based events to involve its members to do volunteer work and to give them learning experiences.
As our Holy Prophet (PBUH) said that �The best of my nation are those with the best character� so it is our duty to improve our character and the best way for this is to follow the examples of our Islamic heroes. As the president of this society I will always try to implement the advices of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) so we can alleviate our moral values. We have to struggle hard for this purpose because dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.
To provide a platform and the tools to mobilize our communities to take action in becoming a better society. Young people have the power to change the system, and bring back society's values.
Our mission is to develop positive characteristics among the masses by educating them about various forms of corruption and their effects on society. The ultimate goal of the CBS is to create a resilient environment for the social evils like bribery, nepotism, favoritism, cheating and fraud by building an overall mindset which has zero tolerance against these crimes.
Aims and Objectives:
The CBS will concentrate on the following common objectives:
- Inculcate a strict sense of self-discipline through personal examples taking inspirations from social norms, ethical and religious values/ obligations.
- Encourage students and the teachers to discharge their obligations towards the community�s needs and expectations.
- Motivate students to harness their social, ethical and academic values in consonance with educational and cultural curriculum.
- Encourage CBS members to act as whistle blower against malpractices, corruption and related issues to concern quarters without any exploitative motive or design.
- Each society to make its own code of conduct to plan and practice activities aiming at becoming a good citizen.
- Code of conduct for teachers and District Managers be formed and practiced.
- Propagation and inculcation of high moral and ethical standards; Unity, Faith & Discipline.
- Services to humanity in hour of need.
InshaAllah our society will organize:
- Monthly workshops under supervision of Islamic Scholars
- Debate competition about social issues and their solution
- Seminars about the importance of Islamic teachings and their effect on society
- Inter universities competition for speech about importance of character
Besides these, there are many more things which we will do for rectifying our bad habbits.