University of Health Sciences started its Masters in Nursing program in 2008, the first-ever such program in public sector in Pakistan. The Masters of Science in nursing program is designed to meet the critical need for leaders, advance clinicians, nursing educators, and researchers in nursing. The program is structured around the major components of Nursing Education, Theory, Research, Management and Clinical Practice. The concept of leadership, critical thinking, decision making and planned change are integrated throughout the curriculum.
The Masters of Science in Nursing program has its purpose in the preparation of graduate � level nurses capable of practicing as administrators or advanced practice nurses in a variety of health care settings, to strengthen an area of practice, to apply theory to practice, to apply legal and ethical practices, to apply meaning and understanding in practice and to develop skills of inquiry.
The mission of Institute of Nursing is to create leaders of nursing and equip them with intellectual, social, scientifically sound and skills for inter-disciplinary role as clinicians, researchers and administrators. It will impart high quality nursing education at parity with international standards through creation and integration of knowledge from research, education and practice.
The institute of nursing at university of health science will be a leading institute recognizes nationally and internationally for developing nurses in the field of health care, research, capacity building and policy development.
Masters of Science in nursing Program is based on following objectives;
1. To prepare the students effectively in advance nursing practice, integrating them with the art and science of nursing into the advance nursing role.
2. To act as an effective leader, role model, and advocate for clients in clinical practice and in education.
3. To synthesize advanced knowledge of the social, political, ethical, technical, cultural, spiritual, environmental, and economic factors influencing the health care system and higher education.
4. To integrate the knowledge of theory and research in advance nursing areas.
5. To demonstrate accountability and responsibility in developing advanced nursing roles.
6. To investigate scientifically the issues relevant to advanced nursing education and nursing practice.
7. To evaluate personal achievements, professional growth and excellence in practice.
8. To pursuit of doctoral education in nursing.
Specializations: Areas of teaching, training and management:
1. Nursing Education.
2. Advanced Clinical care.
3. Nursing Administration and Leadership.
In addition to a practical interaction with other departments of basic and clinical sciences within UHS, the Institute also has co-ordination and collaboration in training and research with:
1. Aga Khan University, Karachi,
2. Services Institute of Medical Sciences, Lahore
3. Punjab Institute of Cardiology, Lahore.
Programs & Courses:
This is a Master Degree Program with an aim towards Ph.D. Nursing Education and Management.
Pakistan Nursing Council
Institute of Nursing Facilities:
- Air- Conditioned Class Rooms
- Workshop room with Multimedia and sound system
- English Language Lab
- Skill LAB (Well-Equipped)
- Demonstration Room
- Nursing Library (600 Books)
- E-Library for online Journals and Books
- Internet Facility
- Daily Newspaper Amenity (Jhang, DAWN)